- Elie Elia: 45% of people are overloaded with data; need actionable information
- Freddy Midi: BI = old decision support systems; reports shouldn't be the end of the process; it is a flow; The future of BI looks like www.netvibes.com;
- Before graphic was the end but now it is the begining (drill down).
- Philippe Nieuwbourg: Since big players have done acquisitions their is no more innovations and price have simply increases; it is a good timing for startups. Visualization is weak...we want minority report interface and it is coming
- Online Analytic Maturity Model: 6 levels by Stephane Hamel : http://immeria.net/oamm/; BI and Webanalytics are merging; diff, web analytics is real-time and accept higher error margin; future is agile & predictive
- For now BI mostly look at the past but the future of BI is finally moving slowly to predictive analysis
- BI clients priorities: Simplicity, cost, quality
- Best BI solutions: QLikView; PowerPivot, SPSS (IBM), Tableau Soft
- People want to bypass IT for BI answers
- Michelle Blanc: disruptive truth about internet marketing
- Wayne Knaggs (Adastra): cloud BI: we are moving from SaaS to IaaS and PaaS (Soft->Infrastructure-> plateform)
- Semantic web: linkedata.org; triple store (RDF) are becoming standards
Sunday, November 13, 2011
MTL Salon BI quick summary
I went to MTL salon BI on November 8th.
Here is the my headlines: