On may 8th, I have been invited to speak at the BIG DATA week in Montreal. I spoke about "Big data, just another barrier of entry".
It is critical to understand the maturity levels.
- People/business care about knowledge and action not data
- garbage in/garbage out -> YOU NEED TO QA your data + avoid log path (dump)
- Big data = small data + IO bounded
- Big data market = startups & enterprises
- big data->data->analytics->mining->predictive
- DATA qty = biggest problem
- Big data = just another barrier of entry